In the above passage, a man brought his son who had a deaf and dumb spirt to nine (9) of Jesus’ disciples and they could not heal him. When the Scribes saw this happen, they saw it as an opportunity to argue and question the disciples. It was evident that the motive for their questions and arguments were not pure. With such a crowd present, it was a perfect opportunity to discredit Jesus and His disciples. The stage had been set for them to ridicule the disciples. “If they are who they say they are, how were they not able to help this boy?” Their accusations were more like an indictment against Jesus and His disciples. Unfortunately for them, Jesus, their Mediator, their Advocate and Defense came back just in time to save the situation! I can just imagine how the disciples must have felt when Jesus the “On-time God” showed up at the scene just when they needed Him! Jesus will do the same for you and will shut the mouths of your accusers in Jesus’ name.
In this passage, “this kind” was:
- A problem that was foundational. The boy had it since childhood.
- It was not going to leave just like that. It would take the disciples stepping up their game.
- The assignment of the devil was to make sure this problem completely destroyed the boy and cause his family misery, woe and sorrow.
- A situation was intended by the enemy to water down Jesus’ ministry and put a damper on the work that God had sent Him to do.
- A plan of the enemy to discourage the disciples and probably cause them to stopm following after Jesus.
But the “good news” is that the plan of the enemy was foiled! His plan over your life and family is destroyed today in Jesus’ name. His plan to discredit you and put you to shame is destroyed. His plan to mess up your testimony and cause you to become a laughing stock is destroyed. His plan to put you on the defence instead of being on the offence is destroyed today in Jesus' name. God is giving you dominion and authority over every of his plans and antics.
So when Jesus and His disciples were alone, they asked Him why they were unable to heal this boy. It was a mystery to them because He had empowered them to heal the sick, preach salvation to the lost and do all manner of miracles. Why was this situation different? Why was it so difficult? Why were they not able to heal the boy? Jesus said, “This kind can come out only by fasting and prayer.” What was Jesus saying? He was not saying it was an impossible one because the Bible says, "With God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26; Luke 1:37; Mark 10:27; Luke 18:27). He was saying that this particular problem was a tough one and it needed to be addressed in a different way. You cannot use a cookie cutter for every situation. God wants to add some muscle to your flesh. He wants you to get to another level of knowledge, understanding and power so you can be proof-producers. You have to get to a level whereby you can demonstrate what you have been taught and what you believe. It also reveals that man is frail but with God's divine intervention, their is nothing man cannot do.
As you read this article today, you may be facing a “this kind” in your life. “This kind” could be:
- A situation that the enemy may have put in your life to cause you disgrace and embarrassment.
- Something that has occurred in your life for a long time and has become so familiar and has become a constant companion that refuses to go.
- Something that is a pattern or a vicious cycle.
- Something that can be traced two to three generations in your family.
- Something that puts a label or a stigma on you even as a Christian.
- Something terrorizing and violating you.
- Something competing with your victory and destiny.
- A “Goliath” that must be confronted and silenced.
- It could be a sickness, infirmity, affliction or oppression........
In II Kings 5, Naaman had a “this kind” of situation in his life. It was leprosy. The scripture did not tell us how long he had this infirmity, but it is evident that his “this kind” could not be hidden or overlooked. Even though he was an honorable, mighty man of valor and the captain of a great army, there was a “but” in his life. There was a stigma in his life that only God could remove.
To the Israelites in I Samuel 17, their “this kind” was Goliath. He had tormented the armies of God for 40 days, morning and evening. He had defied the armies to the Living God. Then God sent them a “savior", David who was used by God to destroy Goliath. Anyone who defies you will be defied by the Lord in Jesus’s name.
You may be facing some type of “this kind” in your life today. Your “this kind” may be physical, spiritual, emotional, marital, financial, academic….. Whatever it is, it is an indictment against you and the One Who created you. The enemy wants to defy your God and he will not succeed in Jesus’ name. There comes a time in your life when you must say, “Enough is enough.” There comes a time in your life that you have to tell “this kind” to go! This is the time and this is the hour and season whereby God has to take all the glory in your life. This is the time God has to remove every negative label and cause His glory to burst forth in you and through you! You cannot be a child of God and continue to have “this kind” of stigma or indictment by people or the enemy against you. Your life must give glory to God and anything that does not give glory to God must go in the mighty name of Jesus!
What do you do about your “this kind”?
- Move from the place of unbelief to a place of belief. If you believe, you must continue to affirm what and Who you believe. (Mark 9:23)
- Guard your territory. (Ecclesiastes 10:8)
- Fill yourself with the word of God (Romans 10:17; Hebrews 4:12; II Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV); Psalm 119:105; James 1:22 (NIV))
- Be vigilant (I Peter 5:8)
- Don’t sit on the fence (Revelations 3:15-16; Matthew 6:24)
- Tarry in God’s presence (Psalm 91; Psalm 25:5-9; Psalm 16:11; Jeremiah 29:13)
- Go beyond prayer and fasting to having faith (Hebrew 11)
May the hand of the Lord rest on you. May His anointing destroy every yoke of the enemy over your life. I raise the stand of the name of Jesus, the Word of God, and the blood of Jesus against every accuser in your life. I declare that the power of God will shut the mouths of every accuser in your life. The Lord will put your accusers to shame. God will answer you when you call. Everything that He created will work in your favor. You will be far from shame and reproach. Oppression will be far from you and your family. Death will be far from you. Your angels will guide and guard you. The Lord will decorate you with glory and honor. The hand of the Lord will put a stop to every vicious cycle in your life and family. You will become a terror to the kingdom of darkness. The fire of the Holy Ghost will defend you. Your foundation will not be polluted or destroyed. Your mockers will be silence. The heavens over your life will be permanently open. No sickness will befall you. God will release His supernatural rain upon you. Men and women of power and influence will bless you. Every form of calamity programed against you, your home, your children, your business, ministry and destiny will not prosper. The power of the Lord will destroy every generational curse. God will give you victory over every stubborn problem. I go to the root of every problem and call forth your victory. Every barrier limiting you is broken. The Lord will give you hinds’ feet. Your blessings will be accelerated in Jesus’ name. The Lord will give you dominion over everything that has oppressed or afflicted you. You are victorious. You are healed. You are favored. You are blessed. It is well with you in Jesus’ name. AMEN
Register for our upcoming eventsRegister Now
Click on flyer below to view larger size
Partner to sponsor any of our upcoming eventsDonate Now
Sign up for our for our sign up for our newsletter, get up to date information about woman on purpose events and activities